Thursday, September 8, 2011

SOAPST "A Journey Through Texas"

Cabeza de Vaca is writing an informative paper to the king and queen of Spain, telling them about the journey he made to Texas in 1528. The reason behind his journey was to inform the authorities who wanted to settle and have contact with the tribes. His writings would also inspire and persuade other explorers to go along with him to the new lands. His tone was very descriptive, mentioning about their religious routines, their farming, and even their clothing.
Through his observations, Cabeza de Vaca was spreading knowledge of the different tribes based on their everyday life, habits, and traditions. He described how some of them were not as friendly and he and his crew needed to find ways to manipulate them. He gave sourceful information about their religion because Spain was also religious so they would appreciate his careful observations. The Spanish explorer also talked about the way the tribes raised their food, which took time and effort. He proved that they were hard working people.

4 comments:

  1. I also wrote about this story. I liked how you explained what happend in an interesting and detailed way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, this is Nanor. I'm not sure why it's showing the comment as a link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment. I think it is shown as a link because you chose something esle by the 'comment as' section. Try choosing google.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also wrote about this story. I liked how you explained what happend in an interesting and detailed way.

    ReplyDelete